Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Have Become Road Enraged

Ok, so I have another post that I was going to be working on, but instead, I just need to take a moment to flip out.

Every day, I leave my office at about 4:15 to drive to the Harborside Campus (motto: you can't SEE the Harbor, but you can sure SMELL the Harbor!) and every day I deal with some bullshit traffic issue. I understand that there are always going to be idiots, but today people just strove to outshine themselves.

There is a four-way stop I go through every day. Today, for some reason, instead of taking turns getting through, people going west to east were blocking the intersection as much as possible, which is ASSININE. This sort of behavior makes no sense, but occurs from time to time. Fine. But what happened today was just crazy. I was five cars away from the stop sign, and the driver of the car behind me (a flower delivery car, no less) just decided that he didn't need to wait - and just drove past all five of us, only to get stuck in the middle of the intersection.

None of us even beeped at the guy, I think we were all too stunned. I just decided to ignore it as I could feel my blood pressure rocketing skyward. I simply called the Culinary front desk and said that I would be late because EVERYONE WAS SO FUCKING STUPID that I could CHOKE.

Of course, I still had to get through the NEXT stop sign, which involves cutting across two lanes of traffic. I thought this little guy in a hyundai was going to let me in, he left a lot of space between himself and the next car and I was trapped halfway across one lane - but when I mouthed "thank you" and waved at him, he moved up until he was touching the bumper of the guy in front of him.

I hope you got where ever you were going .3 seconds before I did, ASSHOLE!

I had TWO people randomly pull out in front of me after that, so the rest of the ride was relatively uneventful. I DO NOT understand why some people think they are so goddamn important that they can just make up traffic laws!!!! AAARRGHGHHHGH.

I got into work and promptly ate a candy bar, so now I hate everyone INCLUDING myself, yee-fuckin'-haw.

No comments: