Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Am Gainfully Employed!

That's as good an excuse as any for being a SLACKAH about my blogging! I know I suck but I have been busy being tired.

Guess what? I got a job! I mean, I already had a job, now I've got 2! I started this past Saturday working at Lacewings, a lovely little yarn shop (there's 2, actually, one in Warwick and one in Pawtucket) and I'm very happy. I will get to KNIT at WORK. It's a like a dream come true! Now, if I could only do it full time!

And guess what else? I can take classes for FREE! I'm going to start with the crochet classes. Even though I am not in love with corchet, I feel like it's something I should learn, if only because so many finishing techniques incorporate crochet.

If I am a little all over the place, I'm sorry, I think I am working up a doozy of a migraine. I feel like the top of my head is trying to come off, and it's literally making me clumsy and disoriented. Argh.

Sorry about the lack of knitting pictures as of late. I've been working on the Berkshire Pullover for Allen, and am only starting to post pictures 2 and half weeks into the project. He's some pictures after week 1, and then tomorrow I will post week 3 pictures, so it will look like I made tons of progress overnight and am totally teh awesome.

Boo was making it difficult to take pictures.



And she seemed to think I was taking pictures of her, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.



And finally, the actual sweater:



It's 50 inches around on a 40-inch needle, which gives it a rather more of an "Allen's Mini-skirt" feel than an "Allen's Sweater" feel, but hey, what can I say. I do the best I can with what I have.

I am a little concerned that the rather aggressive roll of this rolled bottom sweater will be a wee bit too - umm, feminine - for Allen. I hope that through some equally aggressive blocking I will be able to minimize it's rolling.

I hope. Otherwise, it will end up being MY sweater, which is not what I intended. Damn it.

On the plus side - I have several new books winging my way, I'm very excited! More about those later, must go help some students!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

hi!

gorgeous cat... i live in RI too... do you think i could get a job at that yarn store you work at? im 15, turning 16 on June 30th! i would love to spend my summer there!!!

the sweater looks as if it is coming along nicely... love the color

Happy Knitting!

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://aqqurrke.com/dgrh/pwgd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xenyrozh.com/nerf/asqk.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://aqqurrke.com/dgrh/pwgd.html | http://kjzdnpzm.com/whtp/zvfl.html