Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Medal Round

Woo-HOOOO!

So, crabby post of a couple of days ago notwithstanding, I DID manage to finish my project for the Knitting Olympics, and I delivered it to the new owner's mom yesterday.

Whew.

I hope to never see another pinafore as long as I live!

Here's a pic of the finished product, seconds after completion:



And here is a picture of Anouk next to a clock to illustrate how late it was when I was done - though this makes no sense because you can't tell if it's a.m. or p.m. - but trust me, it's a.m.!



You can tell it's a.m. because I'm not usually drunk (with drink and tiredness) enough by 3:04 pm to take such a picture, or the one that immediately followed -



It's hard to take a picture of yourself and other folks at the same time.

Another blurry photo - I think Matt wants a Matt-sized pinafore.



After throwing this thing together in two weeks, I kind of feel like I can knit anything. I think I finally am beginning to understand intarsia - that is, I am finally understanding what I did and didn't do right. And I picked up stitches and made a lovely neckline, even if I do say so myself. And I even BLOCKED the damn thing, something I usually never do, but can just begin to see the point of now.

Also, the baby blanket was a big hit!



Here's the back, after I weaved in all those nasty little ends -



And here it is chilling out on Anne's lap.



And also, laying on the table.



I know, a ton of pictures, but I'm very proud of how both projects came out.

I think for my next knitting project.....well, first I have a bunch of u.f.o.s (unfinished objects) to take care of, but then I want to try a cable-knit sweater for my dad.

That is, after I give my arms a rest. I think I have tennis elbow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://zewkyxzj.com/yews/ltrf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rderaccr.com/gzax/xsju.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://zewkyxzj.com/yews/ltrf.html | http://tbjtctdu.com/mdkd/yqey.html