Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Knitting Olympics: Day Five Update

Oh boy. You knew it had to happen. Hell, I knew it was going to happen, I just didn't think it was going to happen this quickly.

This picture I posted two days ago? You remember? It looks so nice?



Yeah, well, it actually sucks. I did the decreases all wrong, choosing to interpret the pattern in my own personal way, as opposed to the way it was actually designed. Thankfully, Liz walked me through the changes I would need to make, and I was able to rip out about 25 rows. So I went from this (close up of BAD decreases)



To this instead:



Which actually, I think, looks pretty nice.

This is as far as I got by the end of the night, in between watching Curling and making Allen chocolate chip cookies for Valentine's Day:



Not too bad, considering when I was finished frogging, it looked like this:



All this, of course, and I never bother to mention that the first time I cast this project on, I cast on with the blue and knit four rows before I realized it. Sigh.

Meanwhile, Allen apparently has some elaborate plan for Valentine's Day, but he needs rubber cement???? I don't know. Anyway. I will update you all later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi stumbled onto your sight. I just started knitting, other than a scarf but still no sweaters. I need some advice, I am trying to make an afghan for my sister and the one I am currently working on I am pasting the pieces together but that works well because it's four different colors. However is there a needle long enough or a way to make the blanet wide enough so that i DON'T have to later connect the pieces together.

Sorry this is so long but I couldn't find your email adress. You can email your response to me @ fancymeplainlp@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://ezglzkux.com/edzy/spci.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://olrghrqs.com/ucwk/alky.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://ezglzkux.com/edzy/spci.html | http://xeohbbsf.com/agqf/mknn.html